2019 Girls Tennis Preview

Collin Nawrocki/The Phoenix

Ally Agerland ’21

Singles- Ally Agerland will lead the Fire on the court. As just a Junior, she provides 2 State Tournament appearances. Last year she was the Consolation State Runner-Up. Along with Ally will be Senior Cecily Cronin. The Minnetonka transfer uses quickness and strength to hold that 2 singles spot. At the 3 and 4, will be underclassmen Claire Haley and Aria McNeely.

Doubles- The top doubles team for the girls will be Seniors Ashley Anseth and Morgan Hausback. The leadership they have is unparalleled. The other 3 doubles teams change almost everyday. You could see teams like Junior Lauren Taylor and Freshman Emma Murphy, Sophomore Cassie Beddor and 7th grader Julia Baskfield, Freshman Ella Knewtson and Averi Ahmann, Sophomores Briar Charchenko and Brooke Batker, or Upperclassmen Lauren Hickey and Sydney Linn. It’s all about finding the perfect combo for Coach TJ Garin.

JV- As Girls Tennis ss one of the most participated in sport at HFCHS with 36 girls, the JV team is full of talent. Lots of girls that played sports like Volleyball and Dance last year are giving Tennis a try. Sophomores like Brynn Martin and Julia Anderson, and Freshman class of 2023 that has a huge amount of girls playing Tennis, will all be looking to earn their Varsity spots this season.