2019 Girls Soccer Preview

First year Head Coach and Wisconsin-Madison Alum Sammi Crocker will lead the ladies this year with tremendous experience and amazing tactics. With the 3rd Coach in 3 years, Crocker will attempt to back up a 10-4-2 2018 season, which saw the Fire upset Waconia in a penalty shootout. Captains Caitlin Rock, Maggie Rothstein, and Ella Haley provide years in starting positions for the Fire.

Goalkeeping- Senior Sydney Paulsen will start for her 2nd year. Younger sister Logan will be the backup. Sydney averaged less then a 1 goal per game last year, with a .667% save percentage.

Defense- Senior Captain Maggie Rothstein will lead the 3 other starters, who are all underclassmen. Center back and 3rd year starter at just a Sophomore Katie Anseth scored the winning goal against Monticello last week. However, it was a goal straight out of a movie, as Anseth curled it into the net off a corner kick, that she took! Her partner will be Freshman Janielle Stanoch. Sophomore Kenzie Pavelka will be on the other side of the field from Rothstein. Junior Wing Back Noelle Trombley will be the backup.

Midfield- An all Sophomore trio of Hailey and Mimi Pavelka (yes they are triplets with Defender Kenzie) will be the Defensive Midfielders, with the 3rd year presence Maeve Kelley as Attacking Midfielder, who tallied a goal in the first game, along with Mimi Pavelka.

Wingers- 2018 All-State Winger Ella Haley, who had a tremendous 12 goals and 7 assists last season, will use her College Prospect talent to mentor Freshman Kate Bucholz. Track and Field High Jumper Sophie Paul will get lots of playing time being the backup to Haley and Bucholz.

Striker- The lone Striker the season will be Senior Captain Caitlin Rock. Rock, also the Girls Hockey Captain, says ” The expectation will be not slowing down after such a strong start”. Caitlin, who scored 5 goals last season, states that staying healthy will be key.