Rating the Cafeteria Food

As many of us know we have a new chef in the kitchen this year, Chef Nate. Chef Nate has prepared a variety of new dishes including pasta dishes, many foods from different cultures, and a variety of different side dishes such as mozzarella sticks, pita and hummus, and different variations of french fries. I have interviewed a few students to ask them what they like and what they dislike as well as including my own opinion.  

Student 1: Sofia Silva

Q: What is your favorite meal and/or side dish at HF and why?

A: The orange chicken because I like all the flavors on it and I think it’s delectable. 

Q:What type of food would you like to see that the kitchen doesn’t currently have?

A: I don’t know if we’ve had it before, but spaghetti.

Q: What dish do you dislike the most?

A: I do not like fried pickles. (It would be interesting if she likes pickles at all.)

Student 2: Hailey Lofgren

A: The fries, because they’re scrumptious

Q: What type of food would you like to see that the kitchen doesn’t currently have?

A: More food options during I period, because the food tends to run out. I’d especially like more pasta.

Q: What dish do you dislike the most?

A: The pizza, because it is a little too greasy.

Student 3: Gabriela Oconitrillo

A: The curly fries, because they have really good flavor.

Q: What type of food would you like to see that the kitchen doesn’t currently have

A: Different types of pasta dishes.

Q: What dish do you dislike the most?

A: I don’t have a least favorite I like them all.

Group 1: (What is this? Identify if this is a group of same grade level students or a mixed grade group.)

Q: Favorite meal and/or side dish?

A: Many of the students seem to enjoy the fries a lot.

It is hard to pick a favorite meal, but I enjoy the french fries, specifically the potato wedges. The dish that has potatoes, corn and chicken nuggets in it is a little too salty. While the conversations about our cafeteria food were short, it is clear fries are the favorite and there is a desire for more pasta.