The student news site of Holy Family Catholic High School

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

A Young Entrepreneur

“Chip + Run” was founded by Ryder Carlson, a 16-year-old from Minnesota known for his keen eye for design and extraordinary short game skills. Inspired by his father’s passion for the Ryder Cup, a famous golf tournament, Ryder’s journey with golf began at just 18-months-old. Ryder would tag along with his dad at the driving range and would make efforts to get involved. Through collecting broken tees or arranging range buckets, his love for the sport grew. By age seven, Ryder was booking his own tee times and scurrying around the local par-three course with his cut down clubs. Competitive play began at eight years old, progressing quickly from local tournaments, to securing a spot in the annual, prestigious “Drive, Chip & Putt National Finals” at Augusta Golf Club National in 2019. “To be able to be around the facilities of Augusta, that the best players in the world use, is a really cool and motivating experience,” said Ryder. His tournament endeavors since then have taken him nationwide, allowing him to play in special events like the “PGA Jr. League National Championships” in 2021. Fueled by his lifelong love for golf, and his success as a junior player, Ryder envisioned “Chip + Run” as a blend of golf culture and stylish clothing. “Chip + Run” is a golf apparel company fueled by a young outlook on the history and culture of the game. “The mission of my company is to give kids of all ages and backgrounds a chance to call a brand their own,” Ryder said. Ryder is currently a

sophomore in high school, and he is looking to grow his business even further. To date, he has been able to generate great traction in a very competitive environment as a young entrepreneur. Help Ryder keep his dream alive and check out what he has to offer at https://chipandrun.golf/.