The student news site of Holy Family Catholic High School

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Best 2024 Super Bowl Commercials

The Super Bowl is one of the most watched sporting events in America. Millions of people tune in to watch the biggest sporting events of the year, to watch football… and of course watch the commercials. A 30-second slot in the Super Bowl costs $7 million, while a 45-second ad costs $10.5 million to put on the air. Some people enjoy comedic commercials, while others prefer ones with touching and meaningful messages, and of course, we can’t forget the commercials with as many celebrities as humanly possible. The results for top-rated commercials have come in, with CeraVe at #1. This buzzworthy commercial featured Michael Cera, who he called CeraVe his cream- or, as he might say, “Cera”-ve. Online, people deemed it as “The best Super Bowl commercial in years.” Following CeraVe, second place went to the Verizon commercial titled “Can’t B Broken,” featuring global superstar Beyoncé attempting to create enough internet traffic to “break” Verizon’s network. Beyonce surprised fans by teasing forthcoming new music and reportedly received a 30 million-dollar payment. Third place went to Volkswagen’s “An American Love Story.” Volkswagen celebrates its 75-year history in the United States with a montage of iconic vehicles. In fourth place, UberEats, “Don’t Forget UberEats,” features a star-studded lineup, including Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Victoria and David Beckham, Jelly Roll, and even Usher. This commercial reminded the viewer that UberEats not only delivers food, but everything from office supplies, to tissues. After UberEats dealt with some mild controversy, roasting people with peanut allergies, the company decided to delete that scene from the ad. Last, but certainly not least, Hellmann’s “Mayo Cat” earned the fifth spot on the list. Starring Kate McKinnon and her adorable black and white cat named Nino Positano. The ad, which appears to carry a message about avoiding food waste (by mixing your leftovers up with plenty of mayonnaise), finds McKinnon reevaluating the contents of her fridge. The commercial also featured Pete Davidson poking fun at his own high-profile romantic life.