The student news site of Holy Family Catholic High School

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Fans Have Been Waiting “Forever”

Fans have been anxiously waiting as Noah Kahan has been teasing snippets of his new song, “Forever” for the past few months. Each and every time a new clip of the song gets posted, listeners go crazy, spamming Noah Kahan’s comments and DM’s wondering when they will ever get to hear the full song. The wait is finally over. On Friday, February 9, Noah Kahan released his new song “Forever,” the last song on his album Stick Season. 

Noah Kahan is a folk-pop artist who first became popular in the summer of 2020 when he teased his song “Stick Season” on TikTok. Over the past few years, he has slowly released songs on his Stick Season album. Now, almost four years later, he has officially completed his final album of Stick Season (Forever) which contains 30 songs, eight of the songs are rerecordings with other artists. The final song, “Forever”, was just released and fans cannot get enough of it. 

“I’ve been listening to this song on repeat ever since it came out, in the car, at the gym, doing my homework, in the shower, and even when I study. It’s the perfect study song,” said senior Zoe Schuele. Similarly, senior Keenan Olsen said, “I’ve waited so long for this song to come out and now that it’s finally out, I can’t get enough of it.”

Throughout the song, Kahan rethinks the meaning of “forever” as he realizes it’s a gift, not a burden. The concept of forever may be scary, but when you are with the right person, it is the best gift ever. The immense joy you feel from the person you love is perfectly encapsulated in this song by taking the listener through the concept of “forever.”