The student news site of Holy Family Catholic High School

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Who is the Subject of Taylor Swift’s New Album?

Friday, April 19th at midnight Taylor Swift dropped her latest album The Tortured Poets Department which contains 17 songs on it. She also released The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology which has an additional 14 songs to it. This is her 11th album that she has dropped in her astonishingly prolific career. 

Classic Taylor Swift always has to have a few songs that are about ex-boyfriends. Swift’s ex Matty Healy is rumored to have a few songs written about him. The couple dated for about a year back in 2023. Healy is the frontman of The 1975. Some songs that are speculated to be about him like “Guilty as sin?,” “But Daddy I Love him,” “Down Bad,” and “Fresh Out The Slammer.” Healy was asked by a photographer about his reaction to a dis track being made about him. Healy responded,  “My dis track?” Then he said, “Oh, I haven’t really listened to that much of it [the album], but I’m sure it’s good” (Ellie 1).

Taylor has now entered a new relationship with Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce. The pair were first spotted together in July when Kelce attended one of Swift’s concerts. Fans have suspected that the song “The Alchemy,” is written about Kelce. The song includes football references such as touchdowns, teams, warming benches, and many other sayings. When Kelce was asked about his thoughts on the album he responded, “I am in awe of her.”

Taylor Swift dropped over 31 songs on April 19th, 2024. Most songs were about love and heartbreak. People have suspected that the two main men she wrote about were Matty Healy and Travis Kelce.